Our wider curriculum is inspired by Jonathan Lear's Guerrilla Education and it aims to develop both propositional knowledge and procedural knowledge; it encourages independence, curiosity and creativity; produces collaborators, innovators, leaders and, above all, it helps our children to understand what it means to be human.
Central to the curriculum are the following key skills that underpin everything we do:
- To seek out and enjoy challenges
- To collaborate with others
- Assess ourselves and others
- To speak clearly and convey ideas confidently
- To read and communicate efficiently and apply skills to solve problems
- To use new technologies confidently and purposefully
- To ask questions to extend their thinking
- To generate ideas and explore possibilities
- To overcome barriers by trying out alternatives or new solutions
- To connect ideas and experiences in inventive ways
Spring: EXPLORERS: The whole school will be Geographers and will have their own Geography topic.
Summer: CREATORS: The whole school will be artists, musicians and designers.